Best Lawyers is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with US News and World Report. Best Law Firms is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with US News and World Report. Chambers is published by Chambers and Partners. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective links above. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court specific public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Consumer Lawyer in NJ
Class Action Lawsuits
The law firm of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer was founded in 1919. Since then, we have grown to be the largest plaintiff law firms in New Jersey, protecting the rights of individual across a broad spectrum of practice areas. In this time, we have established ourselves as credible consumer lawyers in NJ.
Our goal is to protect consumers and we have achieved significant success in this regard throughout countless consumer action cases, including consumer fraud and class action lawsuits. Below are just a few of the accolades Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer has earned as a result our attorneys’ hard work in consumer action litigation:
- Our consumer attorneys have been selected as New Jersey Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyer of the Year, and have had articles published in news outlets like the New Jersey Law Journal. The U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® have classified Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. with a Tier 1 National Ranking for Mass/Tort Class Actions for four consecutive years and the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers listed Wilentz as one of 2014 Best Law Firms.
- In re Imprelis Herbicide Litigation – Wilentz filed the first lawn care professional class action lawsuit in the country against E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company related to Imprelis, a weed control product, on claims that Imprelis was killing or damaging certain trees and other non-target vegetation. On June 16, 2014, a settlement was finalized and approved that provided cash payments to class members based upon the number of damaged trees and extent of damage to each tree. The settlement also provided compensation to lawn care professionals for site visits, field work and expenses incurred in handling Imprelis related issues.
- As co-counsel, the Firm represented plaintiffs in a class action matter against United Healthcare. The suit charged the defendant with improper reimbursement of its members for insurance claims for “out of network” medical treatment. Wilentz attorneys negotiated a $350 million settlement on behalf of providers and subscribers.
- The Firm was co-counsel representing plaintiffs in a class action matter against Solvay Pharmaceuticals. Wilentz attorneys negotiated a $30 million settlement on behalf of a class of California purchasers of a pharmaceutical product that was alleged to have been falsely and deceptively advertised.
- In re Ford Explorer Cases – In coordinated cases brought in the Superior Court of Sacramento County, California, Wilentz attorneys were chosen Co-Lead Counsel for the California Plaintiff class, which consisted of over 450,000 vehicle owners. Following a 50-day trial the parties announced a proposed four-state class action settlement on behalf of nearly one million vehicle owners residing in California, Texas, Illinois and Connecticut.
Our attorneys continue to specialize and successfully advocate on our clients’ behalf in the following consumer fields:
- Consumer Fraud – Consumer protection laws are implemented to protect individuals from deceptive, misleading, fraudulent and dishonest business practices. If you’ve been unfairly taken advantage of by false advertising, defective products, overcharging or any other type of consumer fraud, you could be eligible to file a claim with consumer lawyers in NJ. Learn more…
- Class Action Lawsuits – Filing a class action lawsuit can be confusing, but our class action lawyers are here to help you differentiate the various types of class action lawsuits and help you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to. Learn more…
- Whistleblower Qui Tam – Originally created in the 1800s, the United States reinstated and strengthened the False Claims Act in 1986 in an attempt to eliminate the rampant amount of fraudulent acts against the government. Whistleblowers are protected under the False Claims act by the “qui tam” provision of the Act. Learn more…
If you or someone you know has been taken advantage of due to consumer fraud, you could be eligible to file a consumer action lawsuit with our lawyers in NJ. Learn more about filing consumer actions by getting your free consultation today, or contact us by dialing 855-800-0093.